When in an accident, soft tissue damage including bruises, sprains, strains, and swelling are common. Ideally, resting the injured area, icing it, and elevating it will result in quick recovery. When you suffer lasting damage, though, it might be time to consult one of our Colorado Springs personal injury lawyers. They will make sure you injury claim is handled properly and your rights are protected. When suffering a soft tissue injury, such as a sprain or strain, remember the following information:
- The extent of your soft tissue damage may not be clear right away. It may take days for the full extent of the damage to be clear. Go see a doctor right away even if you do not think you have been seriously injured.
- It is especially important to visit the doctor if you have difficulty putting weight on the injured joint or if you cannot move the joint at all.
- Leaving some injuries untreated can lead to great complications and drag out the healing process.
- Because medical records of the injury are a large factor in whether you even have a personal injury case, it is important to make sure you have accurate medical proof of your injury.
- If you do not hire a lawyer, you may be denied money for a personal injury claim. Even if you are not denied money, insurance companies will try to offer you the lowest amount possible. An experienced injury lawyer will bring the fight to the big insurance companies to get the money you deserve.
At Heuser and Heuser, our lawyers are experienced in dealing with soft tissue injury claims. If you have suffered a personal injury, contact us.