Car accidents happen. Being prepared for an emergency can mean the difference between a minor fender bender and serious injury. Having specific items in your vehicle at all times can help prevent further injury while waiting for authorities and medical personnel to arrive. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important you speak with Colorado Springs car accident attorneys as soon as you are able.
Top Safety Items To Keep in Your Vehicle
- Flares: At night or in inclement weather, it is important to make sure your location is well lit. After an accident, often stranded vehicles can again be struck by passers by who cannot see the vehicle; this can cause more serious property damage and additional injuries.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit can help you clean minor injuries like small cuts or scrapes. They also include gauze bandages, rubber gloves, and ace wrap.
- Food & Water: If you have had an accident in a remote area, food and water are essential survival tools. These items provide nourishment as well as provide you with mental strength while waiting for help.
- Flashlight: Darkness is your enemy after an accident. Having a flash light can help increase your visibility, alert individuals you are in distress, and allow you to evaluate your injuries and their severity.
- Blanket: Your body can go into shock after an accident due to blood loss or other condition preventing blood and oxygen from circulating. This can lead to organ damage or failure and is potentially life-threatening. Someone in shock should lay down with feet elevated, loosen clothing and use the blanket to keep yourself or another victim warm.
If you have been involved in an accident resulting in injury, the dedicated attorneys with Heuser & Heuser are here to help. Securing compensation after an accident can help you and your family deal with the aftermath of personal injury. Compensation can include recovery of lost wages, money for medical expenses, and cost of repairs to your vehicle. Please contact us for a consultation regarding your case.