Any type of accident can be a very distressing time in anyone’s life. When you add a motorcycle to the equation, the ending results can be even more traumatic and stressful. If you are ever involved in an accident, it is important that you try to remain as calm as possible so you are able to proceed with the appropriate steps.
- Ensure that everyone is safe and will be away from any additional danger
- Call 911
- Wait for emergency personnel
- Obtain information from anyone who as involved in the accident
- Write down valuable information about the accident
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Call your insurance company
- Gather any information from any witnesses to the accident
You may not think you need any medical attention, but not all injuries can be seen. You could experience serious complications, side effects, and symptoms days after the accident. If there was anyone else involved in the accident, do not assume they are fine. You should still call 911 for assistance.
When you are collecting information, you should be very thorough and careful in what you are writing. You do not want to leave anything out. Some of the information you should collect, include the following:
- Car/truck/motorcycle registration
- Drivers license information
- License plate number
- Insurance policy information
After you speak with a motorcycle accident attorney, you should definitely call your insurance company. Your insurance company has the ability to deny your accident claim if you let a significant amount of time pass before you tell them. When you do notify your insurance company, you should make a note of when you contact them.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and would like additional information on what you should do next, do not hesitate to contact us today.