Colorado Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Navigate Your Accident Claim
Colorado, home to breathtaking mountain views and an array of outdoor activities, is a popular state for tourists. Although it’s a beautiful state to travel, some of the roads are particularly dangerous for drivers.
Car accidents are not uncommon among residents, and, in some cases, can result in life-changing injuries.
The Denver Post reported, “In Colorado, 642 people died in traffic in 2017, the highest number since 2004, when 667 were killed.” Colorado has seen an increasing amount of automobile accidents.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a car crash, our Colorado car accident lawyers at Heuser & Heuser can help. Our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys can review your case to see what legal options may be available for your unique situation.
The Most Dangerous Roads in Pueblo and Colorado Springs
Some of the most dangerous roadways in these areas include the following:
- The intersection of Fountain Boulevard and Chelton
- Northern Avenue and Prairie Avenue
- I-25 / East Woodmen Road
- Pikes Peak Highway
- North Academy Boulevard / East Platte Avenue
- I-25 / West Fillmore Street
- North Powers Boulevard / Barnes Road
- Loveland Pass Road
- I-25 exit 101 / Highway 47
- Rabbit Ears Pass Highway
- I-25 / West Cimarron Street
If you or someone you know have been in a motor vehicle accident on one of these roadways and suffered injuries due to someone else’s careless actions, contact our Colorado car accident lawyers today.
What To Do After an Accident
The steps you decide to take immediately after an accident can greatly impact your potential claim. Listed below are tips you can follow after an accident:
- Stay at the scene – It’s imperative to remain at the scene of the accident. If you don’t, you could face criminal penalties. Fleeing an accident is considered a hit and run.
- Check to see if anyone is injured – The first thing you should do is check if you or anyone else involved in the car wreck has suffered any injuries.
- Contact emergency responders – If someone is injured, call for help immediately. If not, it’s important to contact the police so you can have a police report filed.
- Ask for information – It’s important to exchange information with the other driver such as phone number, license plate number, insurance information, and driver’s license number.
- Take photos of the collision scene – Photos of the wreck can be used as evidence in a claim. Make sure to take pictures from multiple angles and of the other vehicles involved.
- Contact your insurance company – Even if you’re not at fault, you need to inform your insurance company you have been involved in an accident.
- Talk with witnesses – If anyone witnessed the wreck, ask what he or she saw. Also, ask for their contact information.
- Contact our attorneys at Heuser & Heuser – If you or a loved one suffered any type of injuries due to another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation.
Why Should I Hire A Lawyer?
Insurance companies don’t look out for your best interest and will try to offer a low-ball settlement, which may not cover all of your expenses.
We are familiar with the tactics insurance companies frequently use to get people to settle for the lowest offer. Our attorneys will not settle for a low offer when you deserve to receive more for your injuries. When you hire one of our attorneys, we will review all the details of your case and determine a reasonable amount of compensation you should receive for your injuries and any damages you experienced.
While every case is unique, our team will see what legal options are available for your case. We will review factors such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and damages to help determine an ideal amount of compensation you rightfully deserve.
Contact Our Accident Lawyers Today
At Heuser & Heuser, we know how stressful and difficult it can be to handle insurance companies alone. Our team of Colorado car accident lawyers is ready to help you through the legal process. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a car wreck on any of the dangerous roads in Colorado, allow our knowledgeable and trusted attorneys to handle your case.
Call our law office today at (719) 520-9909 or fill out our free consultation form.