Heuser & Heuser is dedicated not only to protecting the legal interests of Colorado residents, but also supporting the youth in our community. We believe that continuing education or joining the military creates smarter, more capable and disciplined members of our society. However, we also recognize that finances play a big role in whether or not one gets the opportunity to pursue their goals after high school.
We believe that every student should have the opportunity to better themselves, and therefore, their community – that is why we started the Heuser Law Scholarship in 2017. Since then, we have enjoyed the opportunity to meet with southern Colorado students and their families to discuss all the exciting things on the horizon in coming years, and we are excited to offer the opportunity to enter our scholarship to yet another group of inspiring high school seniors.
As Nelson Mandela once said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” We hope this scholarship will support three students in their educational journeys, as well as provide them with the means to go out and be a force for positive change in the world.
As Colorado Springs personal injury lawyers, we are committed to helping others when they need it the most. Through this commitment, we are inspired to invest in the future of our community and give back to the people who make it home.
The Heuser Law Scholarship is just one way we can do that. The winners of the scholarship will share our passion for making our communities a better place. Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place- $3,000
- 2nd Place- $2,000
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- All entries must be postmarked by 12/15/2022.
- All entries must be submitted as a hard copy. Digital entries will not be accepted. All entries must be 1,000 words or less.
- All entrants must be Colorado high school seniors who will be attending college, trade school, or joining the military after high school.
In the United States, freedom of speech is protected by law. However, this freedom can be a double edged sword, meaning that while we are free to enjoy this principle, the freedom of speech can also have consequences. In 1,000 words or less, describe what this means for you.
- August September, 2022 – We will begin accepting applications for the Heuser Law Scholarship.
- December 15th, 2022 – Application deadline. Submissions postmarked after this date will not be accepted.
- January 16, 2023 – The three chosen winners will be notified.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions! Questions? Please call (719) 520-9909.